The second match of a Thursday Night NBL23 Doubleheader, and it is the Cairns Taipans that will host the Tasmania JackJumpers at the Cairns Convention Centre for a spot in the NBL Semi-Finals.
Both sides have been solid on the defensive end this season, but have got their injury issues, with key players carrying injuries leading up to the NBL Finals.
The Taipans will go in as the favourites as the home side, but JackJumpers coach Scott Roth will have his side ready on the defensive end, and it could go right down to the wire.
Here is a Cairns Taipans vs Tasmania JackJumpers Prediction for Thursday, Feb 9th, of NBL23
Cairns Taipans vs Tasmania JackJumpers
Venue – Cairns Convention Centre
Tip Off – 8.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Taipans have won 7 of their past 10 matches as the home team
- The JackJumpers have won 7 of their past 9 away matches
- The away side has won the last 3 matches between these two teams
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- D.J. Hogg is averaging 21.8 points across his last 4 games
- Bul Kuol has scored 15+ points in 5 of his past 6 games
- Sam Waardenburg is averaging 13.4 points across his last 5 games
Quick Player Facts – Tasmania JackJumpers
- Milton Doyle is averaging 20.5 points and 7 assists across his last 2 games
- Jack McVeigh has scored 14+ points in 7 of his past 8 games
- Josh Magette has been ruled out of this game due to injury
The Cairns Taipans are the home side and favourites to win this clash, but the Tasmania JackJumpers are known for their defence, and this could be a tight low scoring encounter.
Tasmania’s star point guard Josh Magette has been ruled out of this clash with injury which will make it tough, but the JackJumpers will do all they can to stay in this match on the defensive end.