The NBL Grand Final Series kicks off on Friday the 6th of May, and we have the Sydney Kings taking on the Tasmania JackJumpers at Qudos Bank Arena.
The Kings have been awesome to finish off the NBL Season and take on a JackJumpers side that makes an appearance in the NBL Grand Final in their first season in the League.
The Kings will go into the NBL Grand Final Series as the clear favourites, but never write off the Tasmania side as they play hard defence and will fight it out until the end.
Here is a Sydney Kings vs Tasmania JackJumpers Prediction for Game 1 of the 2022 NBL Grand Final Series.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Sydney Kings vs Tasmania JackJumpers
Venue – Qudos Bank Arena
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
Season Scoring + Finals
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The combined Game Total average for the two Kings finals so far is 177 points
- The combined Game Total average for the two JackJumpers finals so far is 146 points
- The combined Game Total average for the three matches between these two sides this season is 162 points
- The Sydney Kings have won 16 of their past 18 matches
- The Tasmania JackJumpers have won 12 of their past 15 matches
- The Kings have won 7 of their past 9 matches at home
- The JackJumpers have won 7 of their past 8 away matches
Quick Player Facts – Sydney Kings
- 2022 NBL MVP Jaylen Adams is averaging 29 points across his last 3 games
- Jarell Martin has scored 16 points or less in 6 of his past 8 games
- Xavier Cooks has had 3+ blocks in 7 of his past 8 games
- Xavier Cooks is averaging 16.7 points, 12.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks across his last 6 games
- Ian Clark is averaging 16 points across his last 4 games
- Dejan Vasiljevic has had a total of 4 steals across his last 2 games
Quick Player Facts – Tasmania JackJumpers
- Josh Adams is averaging 19.5 points across his last 6 games
- Josh Adams has had 0 assists in 3 consecutive matches
- Josh Magette is averaging 5 rebounds across his last 4 games
- Josh Magette has had a total of 6 steals across his last 2 games
- Jack McVeigh has scored 15+ points in 6 of his past 7 games
- Clint Steindl is averaging just 4.8 points across his last 5 games
The Sydney Kings have been in excellent form to finish off the 2022 NBL Season and that continued in their Semi-Final sweep of the Illawarra Hawks.
The Kings have a fit roster and their NBL MVP Jaylen Adams is red hot right now.
The Kings come up against a side that is playing off in the NBL Grand Final in their first season in the competition.
Nobody really gave the JackJumpers any real hope to even make the finals, let alone the Grand Final, but Scott Roth won the NBL Coach of the Year Award, and has a bunch of ballers that are all willing to play their role within the team.
On paper the Sydney Kings should win this series quite comfortably. The Tasmania JackJumpers have shown they can take it up to any side in the competition and if this match is low scoring and intense, they are every chance to pinch Game 1.
The Sydney Kings should get this one done, but if nerves get the better of them and the JackJumpers stick around, it could be an interesting finish.
Prediction – Sydney Kings (Win) ⭐
Check out the Basketball Markets at the new and improved PlayUp.