Cairns Taipans vs Brisbane Bullets, NBL Tips Feb 24
Round 13 of the 2022 NBL Season begins on Thursday, February the 24th, and we have the Cairns Taipans hosting the Brisbane Bullets at the Cairns Convention Centre.
Both sides are in a slump, with the Cairns Taipans currently dead last on the NBL Table and the Brisbane Bullets third last.
The Taipans have lost 7 of their past 8 games, whilst the Bullets have missed their playmaker Nathan Sobey and have lost 6 of their past 7 matches.
Despite Brisbane Import Lamar Patterson being one of the most in-form players in the league, they have missed what Sobey can provide and just can’t get a win.
The Taipans need to protect the ball better, but they may come into this game with confidence as they are the home side.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Cairns Taipans vs Brisbane Bullets
Venue – Cairns Convention Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 7 of their past 8 matches
- The Brisbane Bullets have lost 6 of their past 7 matches
- Bullets playmaker Nathan Sobey is back in for this clash
- The combined Game Total average for the last 5 matches between these two sides is 199 points
- Both sides have shot well from beyond the arc in their last 5 head to head matches. Cairns have shot the three-ball at 39%, whilst Brisbane 41%
- Cairns home games have been low scoring this season. Over 5 matches, the combined Game Total average is 158 points
- The Brisbane Bullets have won 4 of their past 5 matches against the Cairns Taipans
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- The last time these two sides met, Bul Kuol hit 8 three-point shots off 10 attempts
- Majok Deng has averaged 18.7 points in his last 3 games against the Bullets
- Tahjere McCall is in a mini slump. He has averaged just 7.3 points per game across his last 3 games and over 5 turnovers in that same period
- Stephen Zimmerman is averaging 11 rebounds across his last 5 matches
- Stephen Zimmerman is 10/26 from the free-throw line at 38% across his last 5 matches
Quick Player Facts – Brisbane Bullets
- Tyrell Harrison has an average of 7.5 rebounds across his last 4 games against the Taipans
- Nathan Sobey has an average of 25.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 6.3 assists in his last 3 games against Cairns
- Lamar Patterson is averaging 22.7 points across his last 6 games
- Robert Franks is back in form, averaging 19.5 points and hitting the three-point shot at 48% across his last 4 games
- Tyrell Harrison has had 4 rebounds or less in 5 of his past 6 matches
- Jason Cadee is averaging 6.8 assists across his last 4 matches
Cairns may be at home for this clash, but their recent form has been less than impressive.
The Bullets welcome back Nathan Sobey for this clash and with the current form that Lamar Patterson and Robert Franks are in, they are a real chance to win this match.
The Bullets will want revenge for a loss to the Taipans in Round 10 and will more than likely win the match if their three stars are up and about.