Friday Night NBL Action for Round 17 of NBL22 and we have the Cairns Taipans hosting the South East Melbourne Phoenix at the Cairns Convention Centre.
The Cairns Taipans are coming off a rare win over the Brisbane Bullets last Sunday, whist the Phoenix will be looking to end a four-game losing streak.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for the Cairns Taipans vs South East Melbourne Phoenix on Friday, March 25 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Cairns Taipans vs South East Melbourne Phoenix
Venue – Cairns Convention Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The combined Game Total average at Cairns Taipans home games is 157 points this season
- The combined Game Total average for Phoenix away games this season is 171 points
- The Cairns Taipans have won just 2 of their past 11 games
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 6 of their past 7 home games
- The Phoenix are on a 4 game losing streak
- The Phoenix have won 4 of their past 6 away games
- The Phoenix have won 4 of their past 5 matches against the Taipans
- The Taipans have lost the second quarter in 12 consecutive matches
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- Tahjere McCall is averaging 18 points and 6.3 assists across his last 4 games
- Majok Deng has scored 14 points or less in 8 of his past 9 games
- Taipans big man Stephen Zimmerman is out of this clash
- Scott Machado is shooting the three-point shot at just 18.3% this season
- In the three games Scott Machado has had 7 or more assists in this season, he has also averaged 19 points per game in those same matches
- Keanu Pinder is averaging 12.5 points and 11.5 rebounds in his last 2 games
- Bul Kuol is averaging 14.7 points across his last 3 games
Quick Player Facts – South East Melbourne Phoenix
- Mitch Creek has had 3+ assists in 14 of his past 16 matches
- Mitch Creek has had 4+ rebounds in 9 of his past 10 games
- Xavier Munford is averaging 21 points across his last 3 games and is 8/13, at 61.5% from the three-point line in that period
- Ryan Broekhoff is out of this clash
- Zhou Qi is averaging 17.7 points and 9.3 rebounds across his last 3 games
- Kyle Adnam has had 4+ assists in 5 of his past 7 games
- Izayah Le’Afa has scored 10+ points in 6 consecutive matches
- Cam Gliddon is averaging less than 1 point per match across his last 6 games in just over 12 minutes of action. He is 1/13, at 7.7% from the three-point line in that period
- Brandon Ashley is averaging 12 points and 5.5 rebounds in just over 12 minutes per game in his last 2 matches
The Phoenix are on a four-game losing streak and will need a win in this match to stay in touch with the top four. All of those losses have been against sides that are currently in the top four and each loss has been very close.
The Taipans will have some confidence after an away win to the Bullets, but have not backed up an away win for quite some time.
The Phoenix have been struggling without the energy that Ryan Broekhoff provides, but their big man Zhou Qi is in good form and should be able to take advantage of the Taipans inside the paint.
If the Phoenix want to play finals, they need to win this match, but the Taipans do have a couple of imports that can provide headaches to opposition defenders.
The Phoenix should win the match, but the Taipans may stick around in this one.
Prediction – South East Melbourne Phoenix (Win) ⭐⭐
Check out the Basketball Markets at the new and improved PlayUp.