Friday Night Hoops, Hawks vs Taipans, NBL Prediction Feb 18
Friday Night NBL Action for Round 12 of NBL22, and we have the Illawarra Hawks playing host to the Cairns Taipans at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
These two sides met last Saturday, and it was the Illawarra Hawks that came out on top with an 87-81 victory.
Cairns then hosted the New Zealand Breakers on Monday Night and lost that match 83-84 in a thrilling encounter.
Cairns need a win to keep in touch with the top part of the table, whilst the Hawks will be looking to further strengthen their position in the top 4.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for Friday Night Hoops, Hawks vs Taipans Feb 18th 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Illawarra Hawks vs Cairns Taipans
Venue – WIN Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|Illawarra||T.Harvey 16.5||S.Froling 8.9||X.Rathan-Mayes 3.2|
|Cairns||M.Deng 16.0||S.Zimmerman 9.7||T.McCall 6.1|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|12th Feb, 22||Illawarra vs Cairns||87-81||(Hawks by 6 Pts)|
|29th Jan, 22||Cairns vs Illawarra||75-94||(Hawks by 19 Pts)|
|28th Jan, 21||Cairns vs Illawarra||70-90||(Hawks by 20 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 10 consecutive home games against the Cairns Taipans
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 15 of their past 17 matches against the Cairns Taipans
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 5 of their past 6 matches
- The combined Game Total has gone over the projected number in 7 of the Hawks last 8 games at home
Quick Player Facts – Illawarra Hawks
- Justinian Jessup has an average of 19.7 points in his last 3 matches against Cairns
- Justinian Jessup has scored 17+ points in 5 of his past 8 matches
- Tyler Harvey has hit 3+ threes in 4 of his past 6 matches
- Duop Reath has scored 15+ points in 3 of his past 4 matches
- Antonius Cleveland has scored 14+ points in 5 of his past 6 matches
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes is 5/37 at 13.5% from the three-point line in his last 11 matches
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- Majok Deng has scored 21+ points in 4 of his past 7 matches
- Tahjere McCall is averaging 5.8 turnovers across his last 5 games
- Tahjere McCall has had 5+ rebounds in all 8 games this season
- Stephen Zimmerman is averaging 11 rebounds across his last 3 games
- Stephen Zimmerman is shooting Free Throws at 41.4% this season off 29 Attempts
- Scott Machado is averaging 16.5 minutes in his two games back from injury
The Illawarra Hawks turned the ball over 16 times in their last match against Cairns, but they were still able to come up with the win.
The Hawks have not been overly impressive this season, but they have an awesome record against the Taipans and have the talent to make a statement in this match.