Melbourne United vs South East Melbourne Phoenix, NBL Predictions Feb 17
Round 12 of NBL22 begins on Thursday, February 17th, and we have the second THROWDOWN of the season and the first one for 2022.
Melbourne United will tackle the South East Melbourne Phoenix and will be looking for revenge after their loss back in Round 2.
The Phoenix were too good in that contest, winning the match 86-94, and Mitch Creek threw down one of the Dunks of the Season.
Check out the Dunk below.
Melbourne United is coming off an impressive win over the Perth Wildcats, whilst the South East Melbourne Phoenix got back on the winners table with a win over Tasmania.
This is more than likely going to be a fiery Throwdown on Thursday Night Hoops in Melbourne.
Here is some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for Melbourne United vs South East Melbourne Phoenix in Round 12 of NBL22.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Melbourne United vs South East Melbourne Phoenix
Venue – John Cain Arena
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|Melbourne||J.Lual-Acuil 16.6||J.Lual-Acuil 9.9||M.Dellavedova 5.5|
|SEM||M.Creek 21.3||Z.Qi 7.1||X.Munford 4.2|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|12th Dec, 21||Melbourne vs SEM||86-94||(Phoenix by 8 Pts)|
|15th June, 21||Melbourne vs SEM||84-74||(United by 10 Pts)|
|13th June, 21||SEM vs Melbourne||90-79||(Phoenix by 11 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- Melbourne United has won 9 of their past 11 matches
- Melbourne have won 10 consecutive night matches
- The Game Total for Melbourne games has gone over the projected number in 6 of their last 7 games.
- Melbourne United have backed up home wins well in recent times. They have covered the points line 8 of the last 9 times following a home win.
- These two sides have met 13 times, and the winning margin has been 10 points or more on 8 occasions.
- The Phoenix have scored 88 points or less in 9 consecutive matches
- Gun Shooter Chris Goulding did not play in the Round 2 loss to the Phoenix
- The Phoenix are 29/122 from the three-point line, at 23.8% over their last 5 matches
Quick Player Facts – Melbourne
- Chris Goulding averages just 12.2 points per game in his last 5 games against the Phoenix
- Chris Goulding is averaging just over 11 three-point attempts in his last 5 games and hitting them at 30%
- Caleb Agada is shooting the three-ball at just 9.5% from 21 attempts over his last 5 games
- Jo Lual-Acuil is averaging 23.7 points and 15.3 rebounds across his last 3 games
- Jack White has had 5+ rebounds in 8 of his 9 games this season
- Matthew Dellavedova has scored 10 points or more in 5 of his last 7 games
- Backup United guard Shea Ili has had 2 assists or more in all 13 games this season
- Veteran bench player David Barlow continues to struggle on the offensive end. In just under 10 minutes per game, he is 0/14 from the three-point line and has scored 0 points in 8 consecutive matches.
Quick Player Facts – South East Melbourne
- Mitch Creek averages 6.4 rebounds per game in his last 5 games against Melbourne United
- Mitch Creek is 4/22 from the three-point line over his last 4 games at just 18%
- Ryan Broekhoff is 5/28 from the three-point line over his last five matches at just 18%
- Ryan Broekhoff is averaging 15 points and 8.5 rebounds across his last 6 games
- Izayah Le’afa is 3/21 from the three-point line across his last 4 matches at 14%
In their Round 2 clash, the Phoenix got the quick start and led the match from start to finish. They shot the 3 Ball at 47% in that win, but have not been hitting their three-point shots in recent matches.
The Throwdown is always a tough match to predict, but one thing that can be promised is that it will be an intense clash.
Melbourne will be out for revenge, and although Phoenix guard Xavier Munford is back for this clash, he is up against one of the elite defenders in the league in Matthew Dellavedova.
Melbourne big man Jo Lual-Acuil is in fine form at the moment, and if he continues on, it will give United an edge.