Illawarra Hawks vs Cairns Taipans, NBL Tips Feb 12
Round 11 of NBL22 continues on a Saturday, and the Illawarra Hawks will play host to the Cairns Taipans at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
These two sides met recently in Cairns on the 29th of January, and it was the Illawarra Hawks that came out on top with a 75-94 win. Hawks point guard Tyler Harvey has plays well against the Taipans in recent times and notched up a game-high 24 points in the win.
The Hawks are currently on a two-game losing streak and have lost 5 of their past 7 matches. They will see this match as a chance to get back some confidence and get back on the winners table.
The Taipans have only played 7 matches this season and have been missing in action due to game cancellations. They have won just 1 of their past 4 games and will need to protect the basketball better.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for the Illawarra Hawks vs Cairns Taipans match on Saturday, February 12th 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
|1 Star ⭐||18/30||60%|
|2 Star ⭐⭐||15/22||68%|
|3 Star ⭐⭐⭐||4/5||80%|
|Overall Season Tips||37/57||65%|
Illawarra Hawks vs Cairns Taipans
Venue – WIN Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 5.30pm EST
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|Illawarra||T.Harvey 16.8||S.Froling 8.8||X.Rathan-Mayes 3.4|
|Cairns||T.McCall 17.2||S.Zimmerman 9.7||T.McCall 6.5|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|29th Jan, 22||Cairns vs Illawarra||75-94||(Hawks by 19 Pts)|
|23rd May, 21||Illawarra vs Cairns||93-81||(Hawks by 12 Pts)|
|11th April, 21||Illawarra vs Cairns||82-80||(Hawks by 2 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- The Hawks have won their last 9 home games against the Taipans
- The Illawarra Hawks last 7 home games have gone over the projected Game Total
- Illawarra have won just 2 of their past 7 matches
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 14 of their past 16 games against the Cairns Taipans
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 4 of their past 5 away matches
Quick Player Facts
- Tyler Harvey brings his A Game against the Cairns Taipans. He has an average of 25.1 points per game across his last 6 games vs Cairns
- Tyler Harvey has scored 16+ points in 5 consecutive matches
- Antonius Cleveland has had 2+ steals in 6 straight matches
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes has had 5+ rebounds in 6 of his last 8 games
- Tahjere McCall has had 6+ assists in 5 consecutive matches
- Majok Deng is averaging 19.8 points across his last 5 games
- Keanu Pinder has recorded a double-double in 2 matches straight
- Bul Kuol is averaging 15 points across his last 4 games
- Bul Kuol has the green light from the land of plenty at the moment. He is averaging 8 three-point attempts per match over his last 5 games and is hitting them at 42.5%
The Illawarra Hawks lost a close one last week to the Phoenix, and they will need to get a move on if they are to be a threat this season as projected at the seasons start.
They can bring the defence when required, which may make it tough for the Taipans who are without a true point guard at the moment and are turning the ball over a lot.
The Hawks should bounce back at home and register a win.