Melbourne United vs Perth Wildcats, NBL Prediction Feb 12
Saturday Night NBL Action, and we have the Grand Final rematch between Melbourne United and the Perth Wildcats at John Cain Arena.
This is the first time these two sides have played since Melbourne United won the Grand Final last season, but their roster is quite different, and the Wildcats have more players available for this clash.
United is currently on a two-game losing streak, whilst the Perth Wildcats have been away from home for almost two months, but have maintained a winning record and are currently top of the NBL table.
Melbourne United will come into this clash having won their past five matches against the Perth Wildcats, but when they met in the finals last season, Bryce Cotton did not play and was out injured.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
|1 Star ⭐||18/30||60%|
|2 Star ⭐⭐||15/22||68%|
|3 Star ⭐⭐⭐||4/5||80%|
|Overall Season Tips||37/57||65%|
Melbourne United vs Perth Wildcats
Venue – John Cain Arena
Tip Off – 8pm EST
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|Melbourne||C.Goulding 16.3||J.Lual-Acuil 9.7||M.Dellavedova 5.6|
|Perth||B.Cotton 22.9||V.Law 7.6||B.Cotton 4.3|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|25th June, 21||Melbourne vs Perth||81-76||(United by 5 Pts)|
|20th June, 21||Perth vs Melbourne||74-83||(United by 9 Pts)|
|18th June, 21||Perth vs Melbourne||70-73||(United by 3 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- Melbourne have been good in night games in recent times. They have won their last 9 night matches
- The Perth Wildcats have been getting off to poor starts, but regroup at the Half. They have won the third term on 11 consecutive occasions.
- Wildcats veteran, Jesse Wagstaff will play his 400th NBL Game in this match
- Melbourne United has won their past 5 games against the Perth Wildcats
- The combined Game Total average for these two sides across their last 5 matchups is 158 points
- Melbourne United has only played 4 matches at home this season. The combined Game Total average at United home games is 159.5 points
Quick Player Facts
- Chris Goulding has an average of 19.3 points in his last 3 games against the Wildcats
- Bryce Cotton has an average of 6.8 assists in his last 4 games against United
- Jack White has an average of 14.5 points and 8.8 rebounds across his last 4 games
- Joe Lual-Acuil is averaging 24.5 points and 16.5 rebounds across his last 2 games
- David Barlow has scored 0 points in 7 consecutive matches
- Bryce Cotton has had 4+ assists in 8 of his 11 matches this season
- Michael Frazier has had 6+ rebounds in 6 straight matches
- Majok Majok has played 18 minutes or less in 8 straight matches
Melbourne United are in a bit of a slump at the moment, despite some high numbers from big man Joe Lual-Acuil. They are shooting the ball from the three-point line at just 17% in their past two losses and have shot 58 of them.
They will need to find some other ways of scoring against a side that is one of the better defenders in the league.
The Wildcats will more than likely lift for the 400th game of Jesse Wagstaff and will make it very tough for United and force them into some tough shots.