Friday Night NBL Action and it is the Illawarra Hawks hosting the Sydney Kings in Game 1 of their NBL Semi-Final Series at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
These two sides always play tight intense matches and this one should be no different as it is a final, and they will both bring it on the defensive end.
The Kings will be out for revenge after the Hawks stole home court advantage off them last weekend, but the Kings were without their NBL MVP, Jaylen Adams.
An awesome Friday Night of Hoops to look forward to.
Here is a Illawarra Hawks vs Sydney Kings Prediction for Game 1 on Friday April 29th.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Illawarra Hawks vs Sydney Kings
Venue – WIN Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The combined Game Total average for the four matches between these two sides this season is 185.5 points
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 8 of their past 9 matches
- The Sydney Kings have won 14 of their past 16 matches
- The Sydney Kings have won 10 consecutive away matches
- NBL MVP, Jaylen Adams is back in for the Kings in this clash
Quick Player Facts – Illawarra Hawks
- Tyler Harvey has stepped up since coming back from injury. He is averaging 22.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2.5 steals across his last 4 games
- Antonius Cleveland has had 5+ rebounds in 15 of his past 16 games
- Duop Reath is averaging 18.8 points and 7.4 rebounds across his last 5 games. He is 9/17, at 53% from the three-point line in that period
- Duop Reath has had 6 blocks across his last 2 games
- Justinian Jessup is 11/22, at 50% from the three-point line over his last 3 games. He is averaging 17 points in that period
- Sam Froling has scored 8+ points in 7 of his past 9 games
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes has had 5+ assists in 8 of his past 10 games
- Tim Coenraad has hit 1+ three-point shots in 7 of his past 8 games
Quick Player Facts – Sydney Kings
- Jaylen Adams has hit 2+ three-point shots in 11 matches straight
- Jaylen Adams has had 5+ assists in 7 of his past 8 games
- Jarell Martin is averaging just 13.8 points across his last 6 games. His minutes per game have been down in that period with 23.3 minutes per match
- Xavier Cooks has had 2+ blocks in 12 of his last 14 games
- Xavier Cooks is averaging 18.3 points, 13.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks across his last 4 games
- Makur Maker is averaging 11 points and 8 rebounds across his last 3 games
- Ian Clark has hit 2+ three-point shots in 8 of his 11 NBL Matches
- Dejan Vasiljevic has scored 10+ points in 11 consecutive matches
The Hawks and the Kings have a long rivalry in the NBL and this could very well be a close match on a Friday Night in Illawarra.
Despite a massive winning streak to finish off the NBL Season, the Kings have looked a little rusty in recent matches, but do get NBL MVP Jaylen Adams back in for this clash.
Both sides have been very good in the second half of the season and this is a tough match to pick.
The Hawks are the home side and may be too strong, but this match should be close right up until the end.
Prediction – Illawarra Hawks (Win) ⭐
Check out the Basketball Markets at the new and improved PlayUp.