Friday Night Football for Round 1 of the 2022 AFL Season and it is the St Kilda Saints taking on the Collingwood Magpies at the Marvel Stadium.
Both sides missed the finals last season and the Magpies squad will be out to impress their new coach Craig McRae.
The Saints failed to back up their 2020 finals appearance and are now the longest serving AFL Side that has not won a Flag.
This match is shaping up as a Friday Night Football Blockbuster at Docklands.
Here are some AFL Tips and AFL Predictions for the St Kilda vs Collingwood match for Round 1 of the 2022 AFL Season.
Be sure to check back before each AFL Match for AFL Tips, AFL Predictions, AFL Picks, AFL Previews, and AFL Quick Facts for each match of the 2022 AFL Season.
A star rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head AFL Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
DraftStars has a massive Friday Night Football Jackpot on offer for the Saints vs Magpies.
Pick 9 players you think might load up the stats sheet, for a chance to share in the cash prizes.
St Kilda Saints vs Collingwood Magpies
Venue – Marvel Stadium
Bouncedown – 7.50 pm EST
2021 Season Record
2021 Season Scoring
|Team||Points For||Points Against||%||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- St Kilda lost 4 of their last 6 games to finish off the 2021 AFL Season
- Collingwood lost 5 of their last 6 games to finish of the 2021 AFL Season
- Collingwood have won 10 of the last 14 matches against the Saints, since the 2010 Grand Final
- The Underdog side has covered the points line in 11 of the Saints last 12 matches
- Six of Collingwoods’s last seven matches have gone over the projected Game Total
- Collingwood has won 7 consecutive night matches against the Saints
Quick Player Facts – St Kilda Saints
- Jack Steele has had 30+ disposals in 7 of the Saints last 8 games
- Jack Sinclair has had 20+ disposals in 9 of his past 10 games
- Brad Crouch had 23+ disposals in 14 of his last 16 matches last year
- Zak Jones had 26+ disposals in 7 of 13 matches last season
- Max King kicked 2+ goals in 8 of his last 9 games last year
- Brad Hill has an average of 27.5 disposals in his last 2 games against the Magpies
Quick Player Facts – Collingwood Magpies
- Scott Pendlebury has had 25+ disposals in 13 consecutive matches against the Saints
- Brody Mihocek has kicked a total of 8 goals across his last 3 games against the Saints
- Steele Sidebottom averaged 26.4 disposals in his last 5 games last season
- Jack Crisp had 30+ disposals in 5 of his last 8 games last season
- Taylor Adams averaged 29.5 disposals across his last 10 games last season
The Saints won their preseason match, whilst the Magpies were one of the few sides that lost their preseason game by a big margin of 41 points against the Giants.
Sides that have a new coach normally come out firing, and the Magpies will see this as a match that they are a chance in.
The Saints are the favourites though, and have the talent to control this match.
Another difficult game to pick as both sides are not projected to rank highly this season, but the Saints are every chance to start the season off with a win.
Prediction – St Kilda (Win) ⭐
Check out the AFL Markets at the New and Improved PlayUp.