Friday Night NBL Action for Round 16 of NBL22 and we have the Adelaide 36ers taking on the Cairns Taipans at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
Both sides are near the bottom of the NBL Table with 12 losses each, and will both see this as a chance to finally get a win.
The 36ers won this matchup last month, 82-71 against the Cairns Taipans, but they have not looked like a side that is worth picking this month.
Both sides are coming off losses, but this match is shaping up as a close one for Friday Night Hoops.
Here is a Adelaide 36ers vs Cairns Taipans NBL Prediction for Friday March 18 and Round 16 of NBL22.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Adelaide 36ers vs Cairns Taipans
Venue – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Adelaide 36ers are on a 5 game losing streak
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 11 of their last 13 matches
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 10 of their last 11 away matches
- The combined Game Total average for the 36ers last 5 home games is 166 points
- The Cairns Taipans have lost the second quarter in 10 consecutive matches
- Taipans big man Stephen Zimmerman is out of this clash
Quick Player Facts – Adelaide 36ers
- Daniel Johnson has scored 15+ points in 5 of his past 7 games
- Daniel Johnson has had 7+ rebounds in 7 of his past 8 games
- Mitch McCarron is averaging just 5.2 points across his last 5 games
- Dusty Hannahs has scored 11 points or less in 5 of his past 6 games
- Dusty Hannahs is just 1/13, at 7.7% from the three-point line across his last 5 games
- Kai Sotto is coming off a 14 points and 7 rebounds game in the loss to the Breakers last round
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- Tahjere McCall is averaging 16.3 points and 6 assists across his last 3 games
- Scott Machado has scored 7 points or less in 8 of his 11 games this season
- Bul Koul is 33/76, at 43.4% from beyond the three-point line across his last 10 games. He is averaging 11.6 points in that period
- Nathan Jawai is averaging just 8.9 minutes per game this season. He may see some more minutes in this match with starting centre, Stephen Zimmerman out of this clash
Both sides have been disappointing this season, but this is a match that the Adelaide 36ers, simply should not lose.
Taipans big man Stephen Zimmerman is out of this clash, and the Adelaide big men can really dominate this game inside.
It may even be a breakout game for big man Kai Sotto, who was impressive last weekend.
Adelaide has no excuses to drop this game, but if the Taipans two imports fire up, they will have their hands full.
Prediction – Adelaide 36ers (Win) ⭐⭐
Check out the Basketball Markets at the new and improved PlayUp.