SEM Phoenix vs Illawarra Hawks, NBL Prediction Round 16
Thursday Night NBL Action for Round 16 of NBL22 and we have the Illawarra Hawks hosting the South East Melbourne Phoenix at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
The Hawks need the win to stay in touch with the Top 4, whilst the Phoenix are currently in the top 4 and will be looking to build on their gap over the Hawks on the NBL Table.
Both sides are coming off losses in Round 15, with the Phoenix falling to Melbourne United and the Hawks were again no match for the red hot shooting Tasmania side.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for the SEM Phoenix vs Illawarra Hawks match on Thursday March 17, 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Illawarra Hawks vs South East Melbourne Phoenix
Venue – WIN Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 5 of their past 7 matches
- The Phoenix have won 4 of their past 5 away matches
- The Phoenix have won 7 of their past 9 games against the Hawks
- The combined Game Total average for the last 5 matches between these two sides is 165 points
- The Game Total average for the Hawks last 3 matches at home is 158 points
- Four of the last five games between these two sides have gone under the projected Game Total
Quick Player Facts – Illawarra Hawks
- Sam Froling has an average of just 4.7 rebounds in his last 3 games against the Phoenix
- Sam Froling is averaging just 6.2 rebounds across his last 5 games
- Justinian Jessup has an average of 17.3 points in his last 4 games against the Phoenix
- Justinian Jessup is averaging 17.5 points across his last 4 games
- Tyler Harvey has had 3+ assists in 13 consecutive matches
- Duop Reath has scored exactly 12 points in 3 consecutive matches
- Antonius Cleveland has had 5+ rebounds in 6 of his past 7 matches
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes is averaging 5.3 assists across his last 8 matches
Quick Player Facts – South East Melbourne Phoenix
- Mitch Creek has an average of just 13.8 points in his last 4 games against the Hawks
- Mitch Creek is averaging 24 points and 4 assists across his last 4 games
- Xavier Munford has had 3+ assists in 9 of his past 10 matches
- Zhou Qi is averaging 10 points and 8.7 rebounds across his last 3 games
- Ryan Broekhoff is just 25.8% from the three-point line this season
- Kyle Adnam has scored 3 points or less in 4 of his past 5 games
- Izayah Le’afa is averaging 12.5 points across his last 4 games
- Cam Gliddon has missed his last 9 three-point attempts
The Hawks need the win to stay in touch with the top four, and they were successful in their Round 14 clash against the Phoenix.
The Phoenix have a heavy reliance on Mitch Creek in matches, and he has struggled against the Hawks in recent times.
A tough match to pick to kick off Round 16, but the Hawks are at home and need the win.
Prediction – Illawarra Hawks (Win) ⭐
Check out the Basketball Markets at the new and improved PlayUp.