Adelaide 36ers vs SEM Phoenix, NBL Tips March 4
Friday Night NBL Action for Round 14 of NBL22, and we have the Adelaide 36ers playing host to the South East Melbourne Phoenix at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
The 36ers have been better at home than away matches this season and were very good in their loss to the Sydney Kings on Sunday.
The South East Melbourne Phoenix are coming off a big win against the Perth Wildcats last Saturday Night and are beginning to make a charge up the NBL Ladder.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
Adelaide 36ers vs South East Melbourne Phoenix
Venue – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- Adelaide have won 4 of their past 6 home matches
- The Phoenix have won 7 of their past 10 matches
- The combined Game Total average for the last 5 matches between these two sides is 187 points. This does include two matches that went into overtime
- These two sides have played some close matches since the Phoenix entered the competition a few years back. Adelaide leads the head to head matchups 6-3
- The winning margin between theses two sides has been 12 points or less in every match
Quick Player Facts – Adelaide 36ers
- NBA Rookie Josh Giddey averaged 13.8 points, 8.3 rebounds and 9 assists in his 4 games against the Phoenix last season
- Daniel Johnson has had no trouble scoring against the Phoenix in recent matches. He has an average of 23.2 points over his last 5 games against them
- Daniel Johnson is crashing the boards in recent games. He has an average of 10.2 rebounds over his last 5 games
- Sunday Dech has an average of 12 points and 5.2 rebounds in his last 5 games against the Phoenix
- Sunday Dech has the green light from beyond the arc in recent games. He is 8/15 at 53%, in his last 2 games
- Todd Withers has the green light from beyond the arc. He is 6/16 at 37.5% in his last 2 games
- Dusty Hannahs has stepped up as a scorer in recent games. He is averaging 16.8 points across his last 5 games
- Dusty Hannahs is an elite free-throw shooter. He is 39/41 for the season, at 95%
- Guard Mitch McCarron is averaging 7.2 rebounds per game this season, which is top 10 in the league
- Cam Bairstow has scored 11+ points in 9 of his 14 matches this season
- Cam Bairstow has had 7+ rebounds in 12 of his 14 matches this season
Quick Player Facts – South East Melbourne Phoenix
- Mitch Creek has an average of 22.7 points and 8.7 rebounds across his last 3 games against his old club, the 36ers
- Mitch Creek is 5/33 at 15% from beyond the three-point arc across his last 7 games. He is still averaging 19.3 points in that period
- Cam Gliddon averages 15 points over his last 3 games against the Phoenix
- Zhou Qi has had 8 blocks across his last 3 games
- Ryan Broekhoff is averaging 8.6 rebounds across his last 10 matches
- Kyle Adnam has scored 11+ points in 8 of 12 matches this season
- Brandon Ashley is averaging 9.8 points and 4 rebounds in just 13 minutes of action per game, across his last 4 matches
- Big man Dane Pineau is averaging just 4.8 minutes across his last 4 games
The Adelaide 36ers have been a lot better at home this season, but their coach C.J. Bruton will not be attending this match.
The 36ers shot the ball well against the Kings and won the rebound count, but it still wasn’t enough to get the win.
The Phoenix are coming off a good performance against the Perth Wildcats and are currently second on the NBL Table.
A tough match to predict to kick things off for Round 14 as the 36ers are always a chance at home, but the Phoenix have the more talented side and will go into this match as the favourites.