Friday Night NBL Action for Round 6 of the NBL23 Season and the Cairns Taipans will host Melbourne United at the Cairns Convention Centre.
Both sides are coming off close high scoring matches, with the Taipans narrowly falling to the Sydney Kings 106-103 last Saturday and Melbourne United getting up over the Illawarra Hawks 100-106 away from home.
It is shaping up as another exciting night of NBL Hoops, and here is a Cairns Taipans vs Melbourne United Prediction for Round 6 of NBL23.
Cairns Taipans vs Melbourne United
Venue – Cairns Convention Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Cairns Taipans have lost 8 of their past 10 matches at the Cairns Convention Centre
- Melbourne United have won 7 of their past 9 away matches
- Melbourne United have won 9 of their past 10 matches against the Cairns Taipans
Quick Player Facts – Cairns Taipans
- D.J. Hogg is averaging 26 points across his last 2 games. He is 11/22, at 50% from the three-point line in those matches
- Keanu Pinder has had 10+ rebounds in 4 of his past 5 matches
- Shannon Scott is averaging 8.3 assists across his last 3 games
Quick Player Facts – Melbourne United
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes is averaging 28.5 points and 8.5 rebounds across his last 2 matches
- Rayjon Tucker is averaging 17 points and 10.3 rebounds across his last 4 games
- Chris Goulding has an average of 21 points in his last 4 games against the Taipans
Friday Night NBL Action and we have an exciting matchup between the Cairns Taipans and Melbourne United.
The Taipans are at home in this match, but are coming off a couple of losses despite good service from some of their star players.
Melbourne United have looked better in recent matches and both Rayjon Tucker and Xavier Rathan-Mayes are starting to play some good basketball. If Chris Goulding gets going in this clash, as he has in previous matchups against the Taipans, Melbourne United will be tough to topple.