Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers, NBL Tips Feb 14
The final match of Round 11 of NBL22, and we have the Cairns Taipans hosting the New Zealand Breakers at the Cairns Convention Centre.
The Cairns Taipans looked a little better against the Illawarra Hawks with the return of Point Guard Scott Machado, and they have a decent record on their home court.
The New Zealand Breakers are on the bottom of the NBL table and are coming off a 19 point loss to the Sydney Kings last Sunday.
This match could be a close one for Monday Night Hoops.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for the Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers on Monday, February 14th 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
|1 Star ⭐||18/31||58%|
|2 Star ⭐⭐||17/24||71%|
|3 Star ⭐⭐⭐||5/6||83%|
|Overall Season Tips||40/61||66%|
Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers
Venue – Cairns Convention Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|Cairns||T.McCall 17.1||S.Zimmerman 9.5||T.McCall 6.1|
|New Zealand||Y.Wetzell 17.5||Y.Wetzell 7.0||W.McDowell-White 4.1|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|2nd June, 21||NZ vs Cairns||84-78||(Breakers by 6 Pts)|
|23rd April, 21||NZ vs Cairns||68-70||(Taipans by 2 Pts)|
|10th March, 21||NZ vs Cairns||76-73||(Breakers by 3 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- These two sides have played some low scoring games in recent times. Their last 6 matchups have gone under the projected Game Total
- Both sides have a combined Game Total average of 163 points this season
- The combined Game Total average for the last 5 matchups between the Taipans and the Breakers is 153 points
- The Cairns Taipans have won just 1 of their past 5 matches
- The home side has won 9 of the past 12 matches between these two sides
Quick Player Facts
- Finn Delany has an average of 16.5 points and 12.5 rebounds in his last 2 games against the Taipans
- Scotty Machado has been solid in recent games against the Breakers. Over his last 5 matches against New Zealand, he averages 17.2 points and 10 assists
- Tahjere McCall has had 8 steals across his last 2 matches
- Majok Deng is averaging 18.8 points across his last 6 games
- Keanu Pinder has had 9+ rebounds in 3 straight matches
- Bul Kuol has the green light from beyond the arc. He is averaging just under 9 three-point attempts across his last 6 games, and is hitting the three-ball at 40.4%
- Peyton Siva has had 3+ steals in 3 straight matches
- Peyton Siva is averaging just under 8 three-point attempts across his last four matches. He is hitting them at 41.9%
The Taipans didn’t shoot the ball well in their loss to the Hawks, but in the limited minutes we saw from Scott Machado, they looked a better side.
This will free up Tahjere McCall to be a little more aggressive on the offensive end for the Taipans, and they will know they should take care of the Breakers at home.
The Breakers have backed up their last three losses with wins, but have been inconsistent with form this season. Playing on the Cairns home court is a big ask, but they have surprised on occasions this season.