Carlton Blues vs Richmond Tigers, AFL Tips Round 1
Thursday Night AFL Action for Round 1 of AFL Season 2022, and we have the Carlton Blues taking on the Richmond Tigers at the MCG.
In their AAMI Community series win over the Melbourne Demons, the Blues looked good, whilst Richmond also won their preseason game over the Hawks.
Both sides missed the AFL Finals last season and will be looking to get a fast start in AFL Season 2022.
Here are some AFL Tips and AFL Predictions for the Carlton Blues vs Richmond Tigers for Round 1 of AFL Season 2022.
Be sure to check back before each AFL Match for AFL Tips, AFL Predictions, AFL Picks, AFL Previews, and AFL Quick Facts for each match of the 2022 AFL Season.
A star rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head AFL Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
DraftStars has a massive Thursdsay Night Football Jackpot on offer for the Blues vs Tigers.
Pick 9 players you think might load up the stats sheet, for a chance to share in the cash prizes.
Carlton Blues vs Richmond Tigers
Venue – MCG
Bouncedown – 7.25pm EST
2021 Season Record
2021 Season Scoring
|Team||Points For||Points Against||%||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- Carlton lost 5 of their last 7 games to close out the 2021 AFL Season
- Richmond won just 2 of their final 10 games in Season 2021
- Richmond have won 11 consecutive matches against Carlton
- 8 of Richmond’s last 11 wins against Carlton have been by 20 points or more
- The last time Carlton beat Richmond, Nick Duigan and Jarrad Waite booted 4 goals each and Chris Judd had 25 disposals in a 2013 finals win
Quick Player Facts – Carlton Blues
- Patrick Cripps has an average of 31.8 disposals in his last 6 games against the Tigers
- Patrick Cripps had 25 disposals or less in 9 of his last 12 games last season
- Ed Curnow had 20+ disposals in 7 of his last 9 games last season
- Matthew Kennedy had 21+ disposals in 8 of his last 10 games last season
- Jack Martin had 14 disposals or less in 10 of his 11 matches last season
- Harry McKay kicked 2+ goals in 16 of his 19 matches last season
- Harry McKay has kicked 3+ goals in 7 of his last 8 games when Carlton are the underdog side
Quick Player Facts – Richmond Tigers
- Dustin Martin has an average of 30 disposals in his last 6 games against the Blues
- Jayden Short had 26+ disposals in his last 7 games of 2021
- Dion Prestia averaged 27.3 disposals in his last 3 games of 2021
- Trent Cotchin averaged 28.7 disposals in his last 3 games of 2021
- Shane Edwards had 19 disposals or less in his last 10 games of 2021
- Nick Vlastuin had 20+ disposals in 5 of his last 6 games in 2021
- Sydney Stack averaged 20.3 disposals in his last 4 games of 2021
- Daniel Rioli averaged 20.5 disposals in his last 6 games of 2021
- Jason Castagna has kicked 2+ goals in four consecutive Round 1 matches
The Tigers have dominated the Blues in recent years, but Carlton will see this as a real chance for their first win over Richmond since the 2013 finals.
The Blues have bolstered their midfield with a couple of in and under types, and they looked very good in their preseason win over the Demons.
Richmond were on the back foot for the majority of the end of last season and they did not look anywhere near like the dominant side of recent years.
Another tough match to predict, but the Blues will players will want to impress new coach Michael Voss and are every chance in this match.
Prediction – Carlton Blues (Win) ⭐
Check out the AFL Markets at the New and Improved PlayUp.
Always remember to Gamble Responsibly.