Round 10 of NBL22 kicks off on Wednesday February the 2nd and we have the New Zealand Breakers taking on the Illawarra Hawks at the MyState Bank Arena.
The Breakers are in desperate need of a win and were well outclassed in their loss to the JackJumpers last Sunday. They only shot the ball at 35% from the field in that loss and also lost the rebound count 49-33. They will need to regroup and bring their A Game if they are any hope against Brian Goorjian and the Hawks.
The Hawks are coming off an impressive win over the Taipans, after two consecutive losses to the Perth Wildcats. They now have their confidence back and will be tough to beat.
Here are some NBL Tips and NBL Predictions for the New Zealand Breakers vs Illawarra Hawks, on Feb 2nd 2022.
Be sure to check back before each NBL22 Match for NBL Previews, NBL Head to Head Predictions, NBL Tips, NBL Picks and NBL Predictions for each match of NBL Season 22.
A Star Rating is used to show the confidence level of each Head to Head NBL Match Prediction.
⭐ = A Tough Match to Pick
⭐⭐ = A Decent Chance
⭐⭐⭐ = Should Get the Win
NBL Season Prediction Form
|1 Star ⭐||16/25||64%|
|2 Star ⭐⭐||13/18||72%|
|3 Star ⭐⭐⭐||4/5||80%|
|Overall Season Tips||33/48||69%|
New Zealand Breakers vs Illawarra Hawks
Venue – MyState Bank Arena
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|New Zealand||2-8||0-2 *||2-6|
Season Team Statistics
|Team||FG %||3PT %||FT %|
Player Stat Leaders
|New Zealand||Y.Wetzell 17.1||Y.Wetzell 7.1||W.McDowell-White 4.0|
|Illawarra||T.Harvey 16.5||S.Froling 9.3||X.Rathan-Mayes 3.5|
Last 3 Head to Head Matches
|17th Dec, 21||Illawarra vs NZ||97-96||(Hawks by 1 Point)|
|28th May, 21||NZ vs Illawarra||73-84||(Hawks by 11 Pts)|
|15th May, 21||Illawarra vs NZ||73-71||(Hawks by 2 Pts)|
Quick Game Facts
- The Breakers have gotten the fast start against the Hawks in recent times. They have won the first quarter 11 straight times when the game is played in the evening
- The combined Game Total average excluding overtime, for the last 4 matches between these two sides is just 149 points
- The Illawarra Hawks have won 7 of their past 9 away matches
- The Illawarra Hawks have won their last 5 matches against the New Zealand Breakers
Quick Player Facts
- Tyler Harvey has had no trouble scoring against the Breakers in recent times. He has averaged 26.2 points per game in the last five meetings against New Zealand
- Finn Delany has an average of 14.4 points and 7.8 rebounds in his last 5 games against the Hawks
- Jeremiah Martin has scored 20+ points in 3 of his past 5 games
- Tyler Harvey has scored 16 points or more in 3 straight matches
- Sam Froling has had 8+ rebounds in 6 of his past 7 matches
- Antonius Cleveland is averaging 17 points per game across his last 3 matches
The Illawarra Hawks have gotten the better of the New Zealand Breakers in recent times, winning the last 5 against them. They have also been impressive on the road and are coming off a big win against the Cairns Taipans.
New Zealand were poor in their loss to Tasmania and were never in the match, being down by 26 points at the half. They shot the ball at just 35% from the field in that loss and will need more production from some of their star players if they are to be any chance in this match.
Tyler Harvey from the Hawks looks very confident with the basketball right now and is shooting the ball well.
The Hawks will be tough to beat in this one, but New Zealand will be expected to put on a better showing.