Thursday Night NBL Action and it is the Adelaide 36ers that will host the South East Melbourne Phoenix at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
The Adelaide 36ers are coming off their first win of the season with a 89-80 win over the Illawarra Hawks last Saturday. Next Star Trentyn Flowers was the star of the match with 23 points, and a perfect 5/5 shooting from beyond the arc.
The South East Melbourne Phoenix will be full of confidence after a big home win over the JackJumpers last weekend. They have struggle on the road in recent times, so this could be a close match.
Here is a Adelaide 36ers vs SEM Phoenix Prediction for Thursday, October 19th of the NBL24 season.
Adelaide 36ers vs SEM Phoenix
Venue – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tip Off – 7.30pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Phoenix have lost seven of their past eight away matches
- The combined Game Total average for the last three matches between these two sides is 189.7 points
- The 36ers have won 7 of their past 10 home matches
Quick Player Facts – Adelaide 36ers
- Trey Kell has the hot hand right now. He is averaging 26.5 points and 6.5 rebounds across his last two games
- Next Star Trentyn Flowers is coming off his best game. He scored 23 points in 21 minutes, and went 5/5 from deep in the win over the Hawks last round
- Jacob Wiley is bringing the energy off the bench. He is averaging 14.3 points and 7.3 rebounds across his last three games
Quick Player Facts – SEM Phoenix
- Mitch Creek has had 8+ rebounds in all five matches this season
- Will Cummings has racked up 12 steals across his first 5 games
- Phoenix big man Alan Williams will suit up for his first game. He averaged 16.6 points and 9.9 rebounds last season
The Phoenix are riding the momentum of a significant victory over the JackJumpers, during which their defense displayed its prowess by forcing the opposition to commit an unusually high number of turnovers.
It’s worth noting that the return of the formidable Big Alan Williams to the Phoenix lineup is a noteworthy development. His presence on the court will undoubtedly bolster their efforts, particularly in dominating the boards and securing critical rebounds. This newfound strength in the paint could prove to be a game-changer for the team.
Admittedly, the Phoenix’s track record on the road hasn’t been the most impressive. However, in the wake of last week’s big win, there’s a sense of renewed confidence and determination. With this newfound energy and a strengthened lineup, the Phoenix appears more poised than ever to secure a crucial victory in Adelaide.