Saturday Night NBL Action and it is the Throwdown in Melbourne between the South East Melbourne Phoenix and Melbourne United at John Cain Arena.
The Phoenix are coming off a sizeable loss to the Breakers in New Zealand, while Melbourne United will be looking to avoid their fourth consecutive loss.
Here is an NBL Throwdown Prediction between the South East Melbourne Phoenix and Melbourne United on Saturday, December 3rd 2022.
South East Melbourne Phoenix vs Melbourne United
Venue – John Cain Arena
Tip Off – 8pm EST
|Team||PPG||Opp PPG||Game Total Ave|
Quick Game Facts
- The Phoenix have won 4 consecutive matches as the home team
- Melbourne United have lost 4 of their past 5 matches
- Melbourne United have won 4 out of their past 5 matches against the Phoenix
Quick Player Facts – SEM Phoenix
- Mitch Creek has scored 20+ points in 9 of his 13 matches this season. He has an average of 23.4 points in his last 5 games against Melbourne United
- Alan Williams is averaging 22.8 points and 12.4 rebounds across his last 5 games
- Ryan Broekhoff is 8/16, at 50% from the three-point line across his last 3 games. He is averaging 10.3 points in that period
Quick Player Facts – Melbourne United
- Rayjon Tucker has been busy offensively in recent games. He is averaging 22.7 points and is 7/15, at 46.7% from the three-point line across his last 3 games
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes is 11/24, at 45.8% from the three-point line across his last 4 games
- Chris Goulding is 16/33, at 48.5% from the three-point line across his last 4 games. He is averaging 19 points in that period, and has an average of 19.2 points in his last 5 games against the Phoenix
South East Melbourne will have an advantage in this clash, with United big man Isaac Humphries and guard Shea Ili both out of this clash.
Phoenix big man Alan Williams is in good form in the paint and if the Phoenix can contain Melbourne’s shooters, they will be tough to beat, but it would not be surprising if United stick around in a high scoring contest.